A number of the Queen’s staff, including her female dressers, a gardener and the man responsible for stoking the fires at the Palace may be in danger of losing their jobs.
The monarchy are seeing a number of changes since the accession of King Charles as he is likely to move from Clarence House into Buckingham Palace.
Approximately 20 staff were contacted by Sir Michael Stevens, Keeper of the Privy Purse, before Monday’s state funeral.
They are now reportedly having meetings with their union out of fear for their jobs.
In the letter from Sir Michael he wrote that consultations would be had and they would be supported.
He added: “It is anticipated only a very small minority of employees (fewer than 20) who provided personal services to Her Majesty will see their posts affected.”
Mark Serwotka, boss of the Public and Commercial Services Union, said: “Our members are disappointed.
“They worked for the Queen for years and feel let down by the decision to let them go.”
The Queen’s beloved stylist and hairdresser Angela Kelly will be able to use her grace-and-favour home until her death, reported The Mirror.
READ MORE: Prince Harry backed in the US despite criticism in UK – ‘Man of heart’
Staff were said to be “livid” at the news, said the BBC.
The Clarence House spokesman said: “Following last week’s accession, the operations of the household of the former Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall have ceased and, as required by law, a consultation process has begun.
“Our staff have given long and loyal service and, while some redundancies will be unavoidable, we are working urgently to identify alternative roles for the greatest possible number of staff.”